The PCB on Sunday announced that all three matches of the Pakistan Super League 2019 which were to be staged in Lahore will now be held in Karachi National Stadium.
The decision has been made in light logistics and airline schedules after the airspace closure. Lahore’s airspace was opened Sunday morning, whereas Karachi’s was opened on Friday. Pakistan closed its airspace on Wednesday after it shot down two Indian jets that violated its airspace.
All eight matches in the Pakistan leg of the tournament will be played at National Stadium from March 9-17, according to the Source .
Sindh Chief Minister Murad Ali Shah says they are ready to host the matches in Karachi.
CM Said that two years ago they asked for a single PSL match in Karachi and now all the matches will be played in the port city. This is challenge but we will overcome it, he said.
The Rangers will be handling security at the National Stadium for the matches. Security will be on high alert for the matches.
It was already decided All matches would be played in Karachi this year, including the March 17 final
Revised schedule of the last 8 matches of the PSL season 4 which will now be played in #Karachi #PSL4 #PSL #NationalStadiumKarachi #NationalStadium
- Saturday, 9 March – Lahore Qalandars v Islamabad United (7pm)
- Sunday, 10 March – Karachi Kings v Quetta Gladiators (7pm)
- Monday, 11 March – Lahore Qalandars v Multan Sultans (2pm); Karachi Kings v Peshawar Zalmi (7pm)
- Wednesday, 13 March – Qualifier (1 v 2) (7pm)
- Thursday, 14 March – Eliminator 1 (3 v 4) (7pm)
- Friday, 15 March – Eliminator 2 (7pm)
- Sunday, 17 March – Final (7pm)