In recent times, videos have become increasingly vital to marketing strategies. One example is the year 2021, where video content on social networks surpassed other types of content. In this post, I will guide you through 10 short-form video trends to keep in mind in 2023.
Understanding Short-Form Videos
Short-form videos lack a clear definition, as different platforms have their own interpretations. For instance, on Facebook, a short-form video can last between 60 seconds and 3 minutes, while YouTube videos can range from 15 to 60 seconds. Similarly, platforms like TikTok allow videos from 15 seconds up to 10 minutes.
User-Generated Content and Its Importance
User-generated content refers to content related to your brand created by customers rather than official representatives. It can take various forms, such as photos, videos, testimonials, reviews, comments, and blog posts. User-generated content is trusted more than other marketing forms, fostering authenticity and brand trust.
Optimizing Video Content for Social Networks
Video marketing on social networks has revolutionized the way people perceive it. To capture users’ attention, strategies like subtitles and on-screen information are employed. These tactics make video content more accessible to a wider audience, ensuring it reaches the intended viewers.
Showcasing Behind-the-Scenes Content
Sharing behind-the-scenes videos provides customers with insights into your company processes and the passionate people working behind the scenes. Whether it’s a quick tour of your facility, showcasing product creation, or sharing blooper reels, such content adds authenticity and builds a connection with your audience.
Harnessing the Power of Social Media Video Ads
Social media video ads are highly effective in reaching a larger audience. With billions of users on platforms like Instagram, TikTok, and YouTube, video ads outperform static images and text, generating better engagement. These platforms offer excellent opportunities to promote new products, advertisements, and collaborations with influencers.
Leveraging Influencer Marketing and User-Generated Content
Combining influencer marketing with user-generated content can amplify your brand’s reach. By partnering with nano, micro, and macro influencers, you can tap into their engaged communities and leverage their recommendations. Influencer marketing, along with user-generated content, can enhance brand exposure and credibility.
Explainer and Educational Videos
Educational explainer videos are effective in conveying complex concepts and sensitive topics to all audiences. They help generate leads, build loyalty, and influence customers during their decision-making process. Prioritizing education and creating well-crafted explainer videos can have a significant impact on your brand’s success.
Frequently Asked Questions and Answers
Creating easily accessible summaries of frequently asked questions helps customers find relevant information during their buying journey. By compiling answers to common questions, gathered from social media comments or interactive question packs, you can provide clarity and simplify the customer’s experience.
The Popularity of Social Media Challenges
Social media challenges became immensely popular in 2020 and continued to thrive in 2021. These challenges encourage users to create videos on specific topics or engage in particular actions or situations. Brands and creators use challenges to foster engagement and share short stories on social media platforms. For example, Canvas always makes challenges among its fans, as well as lovers, creating short stories on social media platforms.
Embracing Social Media Stories for Video Content
Short-lived social media stories have become a prominent video marketing trend. Platforms like Instagram, Facebook, Snapchat, and TikTok allow users to share short vertical videos that expire after 24 hours. Stories grab users’ attention and offer an opportunity to engage with audiences on a more personal level.
Best Practices for Short-Form Video Marketing
- Planning Ahead: Determine your video’s goal and target audience before filming. will it be an entertaining, inspirational, or educational video? Then you have to establish who your target audience is. That is, your buyer persona. Set the tone creatively and solidify a flow of stories before producing all the content.
- Editing Content Correctly: Use engaging visuals, compelling storytelling, and appropriate pacing. I would recommend using the tools of the social networks in which you are going to create the content, as long as it is a simple video that does not require a lot of editing. If, on the contrary, you want to use transitions, images, sound effects, overlays, green screens, etc., use external apps like InShot, CapCut, VivaVideo, and LumaFusion. Make sure that your video tells a coherent story and that all the elements work together. You can find more information on how to edit short-form videos for each platform.
- Following Platform-Specific Formats: Adapt your videos to fit each platform’s guidelines and requirements.
- Joining Trends at the Right Time: Stay aware of viral trends and adapt your content accordingly to maximize visibility. use the music that is trending, and you will have a better chance of reaching visibility.
- Ensuring High-Quality Content Production: Invest in good equipment, lighting, and audio for professional-looking videos.
- Optimizing Audio Quality: Ensure clear and crisp audio that enhances the viewer’s experience.
Finally, ask for engagement. At the end of your video, ask your viewers to like, comment, and share to reach many more people. Encourage them to subscribe and activate the notification bell so that they are informed every time you upload a new video. Thank them for being there and let them know that you’ll see them in the next video.
Thank you for joining me in exploring the rise of short-form videos in marketing strategies. If you found this article informative, don’t forget to like, comment, share. We appreciate your support, and we look forward to bringing you more valuable content in the future.